What we're looking for
We're a company on a mission. We care deeply about improving the state-of-the-art as well as having fun along the way. You'll be the right fit here if you hunger to be more than just a cog in a giant machine.
You want to contribute to a platform by writing excellent code, planning the architecture, working alongside excellent peers, and continually improving our approach to software development. You want to work directly alongside seasoned entrepreneurial leadership and create something great.
Technologies we love
FoxCommerce is not your typical startup. We’re a fast-growing business that sold our product before we built it. We bootstrapped for more than a year and were cash-flow-positive before raising any outside capital. We’re a team of eCommerce junkies who are passionate about customer experience. Our founders have built successful companies with $200M+ in revenue and more than 400 employees.
What we're looking for
We are looking for someone excited about QA strategy and execution, cutting-edge technologies, and working in a fast paced dynamic environment. We want someone who wants to drive innovation and is passionate about raising the bar on the customer experience. You’ll work closely with the product and engineering teams to develop and execute test plans that guarantee the seamless usability of our product for our customers at every iteration.
We want someone who is curious and motivated to learn about our product and understand how our customers will use the platform. We want a team-player who can help improve the quality of our code through test automation and who will establish quality requirements that will help us deliver above and beyond our goals.
- Architecture and best practices of test automation and documentation
- Determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems
- Development of major routines and utilities
- Generation of metrics that improve development practices on the team
- Review and critique of technical and user requirements
- Delivering high quality software on tight schedules
- Responsible for creation of test strategies and methodologies for new features
- Configuration and monitoring of automated test suites
- Triage incoming defects to prioritize issues that matter to customers and allow delivering on time
- Work with developers and testers across the company to co-ordinate delivery of features and improvements that involve contributions from multiple teams
- Driven to understand technical specifications and analyze log files to track down and isolate issues
- Proven track record of delivering world-class excellence in user software testing / automation
Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience in writing test plans, test automation, and test cases
- Working knowledge of common automation frameworks
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to mobile testing situations.
- Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges.
- Takes full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Fully stocked kitchen (we take requests!)
- Casual, pet-friendly office
This is a full-time role in our Seattle, WA office. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please send a resume and cover letter with your location to email@example.com